Making furniture is always a bit of an adventure for me. I have been talking with my wife and kids for a while about making some new beds for the kids, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Well, tonight I decided to see what I could do, so I handed my daughter a notebook and we took some measurements of their room. The room is pretty small (345cm x 345cm), so I want to make raised beds with study desks beneath them. I have never made such beds before, so I thought I would sketch it out a bit. Well...
I guess I am a bit of a nerd, as I skipped right past the paper and started up Google SketchUp. Now, I am generally pretty good when it comes to figuring out new applications, but this one drives me crazy. After a few hours of frustration, this was all I was able to put together.
Each bed is about 140 cm off the ground, and has a desk running underneath. There will also be book shelves. It looks like two ladders will not work in the small room, so they might have to share one ladder.
What do you think? How can I improve on the design?



No comments:
Post a Comment