Friday, January 7, 2011

Meeting Miho

I ran into a lot of old friends while in Yamanashi for the New Year's break.  It was great to catch up with old friends, but one chance meeting took my by surprise.  I was sitting in a bar with a friend, when the bartender told me that one of the patrons at the end of the bar thought I was her old teacher, and she wanted to talk to me.  I told him to send her over, and it ended up being one of my favorite students from Yamanashi.
Miho as a member of my first group of students to blog with the American students from UNH.  After finishing the course, she continued to use her personal blog while studying abroad in Australia, and she even used it for a while after she graduated.  She took a job in her local town office, and started using her blog to write informational posts about her town.  She told me that she later recycled those posts when she was given the job of creating an English-langauge flyer about her town.

It was a great chance meeting, and I was really glad to see that she was doing well.  Why don't you drop by her blog and leave some comments for her.  Maybe we can get her blogging again... ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment