Wow! Someone spent a lot of time making that look nice.
Most people I know complain about how early they have to wake up to make bento. Plus, when you get a bento, you are usually hungry. So, you don't admire it too long. You eat it. If this were my bento, I would probably just eat it quickly and feel bad whoever made didn't sleep in longer.
Perhaps I am too practical to really understand bento art. Can anyone explain it to me? Is it really a big deal to get a bento like this?
Craig, If this were my bento, I would eat it with a big smile. I would eat it knowing that the person who made it for me had fun while making it. I think it would only make me more thankful, and more likely to try to return the smile in some other creative way. ;^)
That is how it should be. I understand having fun doing what you do and making people smile.
I've seen the dark side of bento. I used to teach a lot of mothers and children. The kids were envious of their friend's bento no matter what it looked like and the moms seemed to feel a lot of pressure to avoid disappointing their kids. In some cases, it seemed a little out of control. I didn't sense much fun.
Thanks for reminding me how it should be. I will keep that in mind when I wake up early and make Kai a Darth Vader bento with carrot-sabers someday.
Wow! Someone spent a lot of time making that look nice.
ReplyDeleteMost people I know complain about how early they have to wake up to make bento. Plus, when you get a bento, you are usually hungry. So, you don't admire it too long. You eat it. If this were my bento, I would probably just eat it quickly and feel bad whoever made didn't sleep in longer.
Perhaps I am too practical to really understand bento art. Can anyone explain it to me? Is it really a big deal to get a bento like this?
It is very fashionable!
ReplyDeleteCraig,
ReplyDeleteIf this were my bento, I would eat it with a big smile. I would eat it knowing that the person who made it for me had fun while making it. I think it would only make me more thankful, and more likely to try to return the smile in some other creative way.
;^)
That is how it should be. I understand having fun doing what you do and making people smile.
ReplyDeleteI've seen the dark side of bento. I used to teach a lot of mothers and children. The kids were envious of their friend's bento no matter what it looked like and the moms seemed to feel a lot of pressure to avoid disappointing their kids. In some cases, it seemed a little out of control. I didn't sense much fun.
Thanks for reminding me how it should be. I will keep that in mind when I wake up early and make Kai a Darth Vader bento with carrot-sabers someday.
How cute!!!I want to eat it.
ReplyDeleteIt is unique!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so funny, but I don't want to eat it :P
ReplyDelete