Monday, December 6, 2010

Solar Alarm


My son built this solar alarm clock the other day. It is a small solar toy bug that "walks" when the sun shines on it. He taped it to a stick and set it up on his bedroom window. Now it vibrates and makes noise when the sun hits it in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Did he make it in his science class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emi, I read your comment to my son, and this was his answer: "I made this in my house."
    He also complained to me when I showed him this blog post, because he said that the alarm does not work. The sun is not strong enough until after he goes to school, so he has to use his Kamen Rider alarm clock every morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice invention your son made!
    But that too bad it doesn't work...
    I want get some good alarm clock to get up in morning, because I'm really not good at getting up in morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool idea. What time does it go off now? Does your son expect it to work better in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it goes off around 8:30. I am usually gone by the time it starts up. I am not sure how much thought he has put into it. Right now he is just bummed out that it doesn't wake him up on time...

    ReplyDelete