Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pompidou Centre

I went to Paris for the first time about twenty years ago, and I tried to visit as many museums as possible while I was there. That is why I decided not to visit any museums this time, until Honomi suggested I visit the Pompidou Centre.
The museum was very interesting, both inside and out, so it was a pleasant surprise. When I showed these pictures to friends back in Japan they asked me if the museum was under construction, but this is just what the museum looks like. The tube climbing along the outside is actually the escalator, and the whole building has an external frame. It was actually quite interesting!
There was a open outdoor restaurant on the top floor, which had some wonderful views of the city. Unfortunately, it was a rather overcast and rainy day, so I saw mostly fog.
I spent a few hours wandering around the museum checking out all the different displays. I have to admit though, one of my favorite parts of this visit was finding the Crepe shop just outside the museum! I had the most amazing 'Jambon-fromage' crepe ever there! I think I would fly all the way back to Paris just to have another...

1 comment:

  1. It looks very interesting!
    The idea that the theme of the museum is "under construction" is so unique.

    ReplyDelete