Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three Months Later

There is a powerful post on Boston.com about the condition of Japan three months after the earthquake.  The images are simply amazing.  They show the destruction which immediately followed the quake, and the current state of the area.  The side-by-side photos are especially powerful.

These days it seems that many students from the university going on volunteer trips to help the people of the Tohoku region.  I think that it would be interesting to hear from them about their experiences there.  One of my students wrote a short essay in English about her trip to Tohoku and it was amazing.  Have any of your friends gone to Tohoku to help?

3 comments:

  1. I was very sad to hear the news.
    But I have been impressed by courage of people in the stricken area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contribute few money to Tohoku before.
    I hope that Tohoku would be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of everyone who is helping!

    ReplyDelete