Thursday, January 12, 2012

What makes you happy?

 Have you ever really thought about what makes you happy?

We talked about this in my English Communication class today, and I found it very interesting. I asked my students make a list of things that make them happy, and we used that for conversation practice. I was surprised by the difference in the number of people smiling by the end of class.

I even found that I felt a lot happier after writing my own list on the white board. It seems that just thinking about things that make you happy can make you happier?

So, what makes you happy?

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Mr.Henneberry

    What a nice topic! This topic itself can make people happy. I like it! Your list also made me smiling; especially the upper right one.

    I feel happiness when I play with or hug my dog, Kurumi, talking with my dear people, when I got some new knowledge and so on. I'll try to make my 'Happy List'. Thank you for such a sunny post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have enough random meetings at work? I think a day without meetings is something to smile about. ;)

    I definitely like dinner with friends. That is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete